Pall Mall Deposit
Planning permission has been granted to refurbish and extend the Pall Mall Deposit, Barlby Road, W10. While not listed, the buildings are considered local landmarks. The site is owned by Workspace who currently offer a flexible rage of office and studio space within the existing structure.
Although the buildings are in good condition and are well used there is an opportunity to improve the workspace, provide better quality common areas and enhance the café, and landscape.
The approved scheme includes retention and extension of the existing Pall Mall Deposit buildings to provide high quality office and studio space and offering much needed employment potential for the area.
In detail, the project will create:
• An additional 22 B1 office/studio units
• 2 existing ground floor units to be combined to provide a single flexible B1/D2 unit
• The new office space will be accommodated within single roof top extensions to each of the existing buildings and a 4 storey extension in what is currently an underused carpark.
• Minor demolition work, including that of the cottage building, will take place to make way for the proposed extensions
• Expanded and improved café facilities
• New integrated reception area
• Improved secure cycle storage and showering facilities
• Amenity spaces are provided in the form of private roof terraces accessed from many of the new units and a communal landscaped courtyard. This has the added benefit of improving the visual amenity of the neighbouring residential development.