The River Building
- Client: The Blackstone Group
- Size: GIFA of 136,032 sq ft, NIA of 94,417 sq ft
- Completed: March 2017
- Sustainability: BREEAM Very Good
- Public Realm: Resurfacing and planting on Cousin Lane, improving views to the River Thames and access for pedestrians to the Thames Walk
- Awards: Finalist London Region BCO Awards 2018
The River Building EC4, known also as Cannon Bridge House, unmodernised since the early 1990's, has undergone radical internal and external refurbishments on behalf of the Blackstone Group. The building forms a prominent part of London's skyline.
The scheme has:
Upgraded the southern building elevation
Redesigned the existing building entrances on Cousin Lane
Improved the glass link at 1st floor between the Atrium and River Building
Reduced the size of the River Building atrium roof
The refurbishment of the River Building has create contextual improvements of the elevation alongside improvements to glazing allowing more natural light into internal areas.