John Stiff 1930 - 2019
18 Dec 2019
In the mid 1980’s Stiff+Trevillion merged with Mike's fathers practice, JSP Architects. John retired from the partnership in 1990 and Mike and Andy continued to work with the joint client base.
John studied part time at Regent Street Polytechnic whilst working for British Rail architects, before working for Scherrer and Hicks designing schools, housing, laboratories and crematoria. He left to became a partner in John Spratley and Partners in the 1970’s, setting up and running the London office. This was very much a commercial office, based in Mayfair with a client base that set the template for the way Stiff+Trevillion practices today.