Senior Studio Manager
22 Feb 2021
We are looking for an experienced Senior Studio Manager to run our office and assist in setting up and maintaining efficient office systems and accreditation programmes.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and edit documents, reports and letters
- Maintain and review subscriptions, bills and insurances
- Maintain company policies and procedures & keep up to date
- Manage HR & recruitment
- Assisting with production of fee proposals, payment schedules, forecasts and accounts
- working between the Directors and accountants to provide information for invoicing and financial reporting
- Managing the workflow (and scheduling system) for all projects, from brief to completion
- managing and maintaining filing systems (paper and electronic)
- managing team timesheets and making sure they are up-to-date
- managing the workload and activities of our Studio Manager
- ensuring the day-to-day efficiency of the Studio
- IT: managing printers and printer supplies, keeping software licenses and maintenance contracts up to date; liaising with external IT support
- coordinating staff holiday requests
- reviewing job applications, setting up interviews, drafting offers and employment contracts
- overseeing new staff introductions and training of new staff
You must have previous experience working as a Studio Manager in an architectural or design office – have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised and able to prioritise tasks and time efficiently. You must have the ability to juggle shifting and tight deadlines within a fast paced environment. Being responsible for who does what and when, you’ll also need an extremely keen eye for detail and be able to show a sound understanding of architectural project stages. We are fast moving, so being proactive, diplomatic and spotting the opportunities to help and improve things are also vital.
You will be an experienced user of Microsoft Office and ideally have some experience of Sage.
As well as top-notch project management skills, you’ll have:
- Considerable experience in managing operations in a creative studio
- A proven track record of improving processes and strategic thinking skills
- Proven people management experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think differently and make things happen
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please email your CV to email@example.com citing 'Senior Studio Manager role' in the subject line.