2 Scrubs Lane, NW10
Client: Fruition Properties
Size: GIA. Retail: 225sqm. Church: 280sqm. Community: 172sqm. Nursery:425sqm. Residential: 7598sqm
Status: Planning Granted July 2017
2 Scrubs Lane, London NW10 is situated at the Northern corner of Scrubs Lane and Harrow Road. The site is within the Old Oak and Park Royal regeneration area (OPDC).
This is a high quality residential led development including re-provision of the Church, community use and nursery.
The scheme design comprises the following:
- Demolition of the existing buildings
- The re-provision of a cluster of valuable community assets comprising a new church, community centre and nursery.
- 85 new homes including affordable homes contributing towards the OPDC’s housing target of 25,500 new homes.
- Job opportunities through the retail and Nursery use contributing towards the OPDC’s target of 65,000 new jobs.
- Creating a basement to provide 8 parking spaces, secure cycle / refuse store and plant areas.
- Extensive landscaping and public realm improvements, at ground floor, first floor Nursery and the residential roof garden.
- A high quality mixed use scheme providing regeneration benefits and signalling the start of the wider regeneration of the OPDC area.
- Creating well-defined, active frontages onto Scrubs Lane and Harrow Road.
- Creating an interesting Southern facade to the Church / Community / Nursery which will positively contribute to the future emerging masterplan connecting the new Old Oak High Street with Scrubs Lane and the creation of a new public space.
One of the first schemes to be delivered in the Opportunity Area directly responding to the OAPF, draft OPDC Local Plan and Scrubs Lane Development Framework Direction of Travel Document (March 2017).
The design development of the scheme has involved close consultation with the OPDC, GLA, CABE, Stake holders and the local community.