1 Lyric Square, W6
Client: The Office Group
Size: GIA 134,024 Sq ft NIA 100,656 Sq ft Offices
Status: On site, Completion Spring 2019
Sustainability: BREEAM Very Good (target)
Awards: Shortlisted BCO Awards 2019, Recycled / Refurbished Workplace
Lyric Square, in the heart of Hammersmith, is a 14-storey office building completed in the late 1970s as part of the Kings Mall development. Little modernisation work has been carried out over the years, leaving it dated and tired.
The scheme will refurbish the existing building and deliver high-quality office accommodation that meets current market requirements:
- Refurbishment to comply with current building regulations
- Design of a high-quality building entrance on Lyric Square, which better addresses the square and provides a reception that has the quality and size commensurate with the scale of the office accommodation.
- Provision of improved bicycle parking, shower and changing facilities.
- Coordination of structure and services to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the building
- External refurbishment of the building and installation of new glazing to replace existing windows and create a new glazed 13th Floor.
This combination will create a building that is more in keeping with the developing heart of Hammersmith. Refurbishment will be to high-quality CAT A standard.